Saturday, January 26, 2019

Does The World Need Villains?

    For the curriculum that McKenna and I are doing for school, we have an online discussion group where we can talk to other youth who are doing the curriculum with us. One of the boys posted a question that made me want to find the answer. His question was, "Does the world need villains?"
    I posted an answer that I had, or that I thought of, but I was confused about his question. I had never thought about if we need villains or not. Today, while I was looking over what I had said and what others had said I decided to think a little bit harder to come up with the answer.
    This is what I posted:

    "God created a plan for His children that included evil. There is opposition in all things, and since there is a God who can affect the hearts of men, there must also be a devil who can affect the hearts of men. God's plan includes the devil, it includes our agency to choose to follow God or the devil. For His plan to work there needed to be evil, there needed to be a devil. For us to become like God (which is what we were born to become), there has to be evil. There needs to be evil for us to choose right.
There are villains, there is evil, and they are here because we need to become like God."

This is something I think we all need to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment