Friday, October 19, 2018

Atone

   To atone means, to cover.
   In 2 Nephi 9:14 it says, Wherefore, we shall have a perfect knowledge of all our guilt, and our uncleanness, and our nakedness; and the righteous shall have a perfect knowledge of their enjoyment, and their righteousness, being clothed with purity, yea, even with the robe of righteousness.
   In Genesis 3:21 it says, Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them. 
  In Isaiah 61:10 it says, I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God: for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the rode of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. 
   In 2 Nephi 4:33 it says, O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape from mine enemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy. 
   In Doctrine and Covenants 29:12 it says, And again, verily, verily, I say unto you, and it hath gone forth in a firm decree, by the will of the Father, that mine apostles, the Twelve which were with me in my ministry at Jerusalem, shall stand at my right hand at the day of my coming in a pillar of fire, being clothed with robes of righteousness, with crowns upon their heads, in glory even as I am, to judge the whole house of Israel, even as many as have loved me and kept my commandments, and none else.
   In Doctrine and Covenants 109:76 it says, That our garments may be pure that we may be clothed upon with robes of righteousness, with palms in our hands, and crowns of glory upon our heads and reap eternal joy for all our sufferings. 

1 comment:

  1. Great insight Hannah! To be clothed with the garments of salvation or encircled about in the robes of righteousness - that is what the Atonement does for us, cover us, if we repent and follow Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete